The Venturi Tribe is a group of people who are not only passionate about material technologies but even more feel the urge to make these technologies get adopted by the market.
Materials are at the basis of all true technology revolutions and have the biggest impact in the evolution towards a more sustainable way of living. Advanced material developments are:
- Driving us away from fossil fuels as energy source, thereby reducing CO2 emissions
- Replacing materials made out of undegradable molecules by e.g. biodegradable options (plastics, PFOA,…) thereby reducing phenomena like the plastic soup and bioaccumulation
- Improving thermal insulation, reducing weight, … thereby reducing overall energy use
- Increasing lifetime of products by using more durable materials/coatings
Today we focus on the following technology domains: biopolymers, surface technologies, performance materials and technical textiles.
As The Venturi Tribe we believe there is only one way to make it happen and this is by partnering up with technology owners who bear the promise and taking the journey together with them towards successful market adoption.
Our path consists of:
- Building a good understanding of the technology’s differentiating properties
- Identifying applications that could benefit from these properties
- Interviewing experts in these applications to understand the real stakes and drivers for change
- Identifying the right industry players who are willing to lead the way and setting up tests to evaluate the technology in their applications
- Setting up co-development trajectories to translate the technology into a fitting product
To enable students to be part of our journey we offer internships to students Bio Engineering and Business Engineering
Type of profile
- Feel comfortable talking technology in an advanced materials context
- Fluent in Dutch, English and/or French. German is a plus
- Good communication and organizational skills skills
- Proactive in reaching out to companies and experts
- A team player
Vacant internship projects
- Technology and market research on a specific materials technology topics (e.g. waste valorization technology)
- Early stage business development i.e. company identification, evaluation and contacting
- Identify improvement areas for The Venturi Tribe’s organizational work processes and documentation. Identify and evaluate improvement options and support in the implementation of new solution
Do you share the passion about material technologies and the drive to make things real?
Well, in that case we should have a talk!